HR / EN



Event locations

 

Prica Gallery, Trg Matice hrvatske 6, Samobor

In the second half of the 1990's, academician Zlatko Prica finally began to achieve his long standing wish to donate pieces of art from his opus to the City of Samobor, as well as photographies captured by his daughter Vesna Prica. In 2002, the Prica Gallery was opened within the facilities of the Pucko otvoreno uciliste Samobor. The gallery work is mostly dedicated to the artistic creativity of Zlatko Prica and Vesna Prica. Nonetheless, attention is given to contemporary artistic movements, especially younger generation artists. By opening the Prica Gallery, the City of Samobor offered acknowledgement and gratitude to the noble artist. The pieces that remain in the collection are left for future generations to recognize the seeds of their own future and continuance.

 

 

Map:


 

 

 

The St Anastasia Church, XVII century

The parochial church of St Anastasia was mentioned already in 1334, while the new church in its current form was built by Samobor folk in the period between 1671 and 1675. Dutchess Ana Jelisava Auersperg was the chruch copatron and she generously financed the building. The church was constructed by an Maribor architect of Italian descent, Hans d'Allio. The church was built according to the model of the jesuit church St. Katarina in Zagreb, in early baroque and maniristic style.

 

 

Map:


 

 

 

Church of Virgin Mary's Ascension, XVIII centruy

It is located within the Franciscan monastery and was built in the Gothic style, with a floor plan after St. Anastasia (between 1720 and 1733) as a one-nave building with six side chapels. The bell tower is of simple traditional forms and was finished in 1760 with Baroque windows on the top floor. There is a very valuable artistic Baroque inventory and artwork in the church: the monumental illusionist fresco in the sanctuary depicting Mary's Ascension (painted in 1752 by the Slovenian artist Franz Jelovsek), altarpieces created by Valentin Metzinger between 1734 and 1735, altars, pulpits and sculptures by franciscan artists D. Hoffer, J. Schwaiger and S. Aschpacher.

 

 

Map: